Today I’m sharing a real summer recipe. I brought it to the 4th of July party and it was such a hit. And adding the fact that it took me about 7 minutes to throw together before we left the house makes it a winner for me. So if you’re looking for something easy and delicious to bring to the next cookout or wondering what you’re gonna make to go with your weekend grilling, try this salad. I promise you won’t regret it!
Watermelon salad with goat cheese and roasted pumpkin seeds
- fresh goat cheese (my favorite is honey chèvre)
- fresh mint
- pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- sea salt
- balsamic glaze
- Over medium heat, dry roast the pumpkin seeds in a small skillet. When they start popping and get fragrant, add about a tea spoon of olive oil to make the sea salt stick. Sprinkle on the salt and take off the heat and let cool.
- Rinse your greens and spread them on a large plate.
- Finely chop the fresh mint.
- Add watermelon and top with crumbled goat cheese, mint and pumpkin seeds and give it a generous drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Done! That was easy, right? Make yourself a gin and tonic to go with it and enjoy!